2017 Kubota DMC8540R
Call for Price
Cover more ground with a Kubota DMC8540R. Spanning 13'1" wide, this model is equipped with full-width chevron roller conditioners, a fully-welded Kubota cutterbar and a durable suspension system designed to reliably produce consistent windrows and evenly conditioned crops in a wide variety of conditions.
- Center Pivot Drawbar: The DMC8500 models are equipped with a center pivot drawbar for mowing both to the right and left side of the tractor. This important advantage in mower design allows operators to mow in one continuous pattern, without the need for constantly opening up new headlands. Consequently, time consuming short runs are eliminated and mowing capacity is increased.
- Kubota's SemiSwing Conditioners (DMC8536T and DMC8540T models): Utilizing centrifugal force is what makes the Kubota SemiSwing conditioner stand out among other conditioning systems. It offers an aggressive conditioning effect while still offering excellent tine protection. During operation, tines will stay in a fixed position, providing full conditioning with minimized wear. The conditioner plate can be set in 3 positions according to the required conditioning effect. Depending on crop conditions and the amount of crop you are cutting, the plate is easily adjusted to match that days conditions.
- Gentle Roller Conditioning (DMC8536R and DMC8540R models): Roller conditioning provides gentle, yet effective handling of fragile crop such as alfalfa or clover. The 8.8" diameter wide chevron rubber rollers are made from highly durable polyurethane with a steel core. This process guarantees that the rollers will stay straight and will not twist out of shape, regardless of the force transmitted onto them. The spring-controlled pressure exerted between the two rollers guarantees uniform conditioning intensity, regardless of the amount of crop passing through the rollers. Additionally, if an obstacle is encountered, the spring tensioning system will separate the rollers, leaving an opening of up to 2.4" allowing objects to pass without damage to the rollers.
- Kubota Suspension for Clean Cutting Action: The complete mowing section, including the conditioner, is suspended independently from the main chassis with four long adjustable suspension springs, allowing field contours to be closely followed. If an obstacle is encountered in the field, the mowing section will lift up and backwards, protecting the cutterbar from damage. When the obstacle is passed, the mowing section automatically returns to the working position.
- Benefits of Kubota Suspension Springs and Rod Design: The long spring design allows for excellent ground following ability. In uneven fields, the mower is able to adapt +19.7"/-5.9" The suspension springs are fitted on the widest possible position of the mowing section to ensure even ground pressure. Weight on ground is stable and only approx. 88 -110 pounds on each side. When an obstacle is encountered, the mowing section will move backwards and automatically raise to allow the object to pass. The mower will automatically return to its working position once the obstacle is navigated.
- Easy Adjustment of Stubble Height: A simple crank adjusts the whole cutterbar assembly up or down to a desired stubble height. Additional skids are available to increase cutting height.
- Three-Bladed Discs : With three blades per disc Kubota mowers are constantly cutting. This means a third less load per blade; an even load on the drive; smoother power usage; and produces a neat, cleanly cut stubble. Each steel blade is precisely angled to immediately discharge the cut crop upwards by both air flow and mechanical action.
- Fully Welded Cutterbar : The fully welded Kubota cutterbar with overlapping C-channels makes for a very rigid and strong design, ensuring very high level of durability. The cutterbar is designed for low maintenance and quiet operation. Operators will appreciate the low noise of the cutterbar during long busy days. The long curved gear wheels run smoothly in oil and provide efficient power transfer.
- Express Quick Change of Knives: DMC8500 Series mowers can be fitted with the 'Express' system for quick and easy changing of knives. Simply place the lever around the bolt, release the spring by turning the lever, and the knife is ready to be replaced by a new one.
- Wide Spreading Kit: All DMC8500 models can be fitted with an easy-to-use wide spreading kit. This enables crop to be cut and spread in one operation, saving both time and resources. Best of all, changing from swathing to wide spreading is a one-man-job.
- Excellent Ground Clearance: DMC8500 series models have a lifting height of 1'6" to ensure excellent ground clearance for transport and during headland turning.
- Transport with Integrated Lighting Kit: DMC8500 series offers a secure and convenient transport solution which includes an integrated lighting kit for excellent road visibility. The transport width for DMC8536T and DMC8536R is 11'2" and the transport width for DMC8540T and DMC8540R is 12'6".
- Cutting Width (ft): 13 ft. 1 in.
- Weight, approx. (lbs): 5974
- Transport Width (ft/m): 12 ft. 6 in.
- Hitch (CAT): Cat II
- PTO (RPM): 540 Standard / 1000 Optional
- Minimum PTO horsepower required (hp/KW): 74/100
- Number of disc: 10
- Remotes: 2
- Cutterbar operating angle: -17/+17
- Stubble height (inch): 1.18 in.-1.57 in.
- Cond. rotor speed: 900
- Tires: 31x13.5-15
- Wide spreading kit: Optional
- High skids (inches) +0.8/+1.6/+3.2: NA/Standard/Optional
- Throwing wings for diff. crops: Standard
- Lighting kit: Standard
- Alternative cond. speed kit: 1200/750
- Drawbar: Center
- Conditioner: Roller cond.
- Working Width
- 13 ft. 1 in.
- 12 ft. 6 in.
- 5974 lb.
- Recommended HP
- 74 hp (100 kW)